ECMA – Pro Carton Congress
Multiple Challenges Ahead!”
17 to 20 September
Whats Up on Cartons?
“Multiple Challenges Ahead!”
Dr. Paolazzi is responsible for economic analysis and editorials at the Italian financial newspaper, Il Sole 24 Ore, and is chief economist of the Italian Employers Federation.
Paolo Pininfarina is an Italian engineer, designer and businessman and the manager of the world famous Pininfarina design company, which created not only numerous beautiful, innovative and relevant cars, but also many things more. A unique opportunity to learn from “Pininfarina” their vision on the importance of design.
Tim “Mac” Macartney
Tim is an inspirational speaker on sustainability in the widest sense – about changing the way businesses and people work to make a more sustainable world.
What to expect at our event in Sorrento:
Business Solutions Market
join the event
Excellent networking; meet senior executives and business owners from across the industry.
Latest post & EVENT
- Buy strong quality boxes and strong tape- When utilizing cardboard packaging your fundamental aim is to protect the substance that is inside the cardboard box. The parcel should be sent from your own particular dispatch by means of a messenger or mail touching base in one piece. Most cardboard boxes are provided in a level pack frame, packaged into 10’s or 25’s and bound together inside a standard strapping. You will require a decent quality sticky tape which can be provided in a dark color of buff shading, or clear.
- Close the small ends first- Always remember to close the small ends of your cardboard box first followed by folding the larger ends on top of the small ends.
- Never interlock the ends- Always keep the large ones on top of the bottom ones. Never close them alternatively and inter lock them as it would weaken the strength of the cardboard box
- Use the H shape sealing method– When taping the boxes, always remember to use the H-shaped sealing method as it offers maximum strength and acts as a protection against tampering with evidence seal. To make the H shaped seal method, place the tape along the point where the two large flaps meet and extend it on to the box for a stronger seal. After this, place the tape of the two other sides of the box where there is a corner joint with the large flaps and the box. For maximum strength trying using two-four layers of tape.
- Always use void fill- Fill in any empty space in the card boxes with void fills such as newspapers, paper shreds, bubble wrap or thermocol balls for maximum protection of the content inside. Filling the void helps in providing a cushion to your contents and protecting the goods on their journey to the destination as it prevents the item from moving around.
There are different types of tapes that one can use for different products. You can chose the correct type of tape based on three main elements- Adhesion, strength and ease of use.
Adhesion deal with you well the tape sticks to the material you use it on and can it be repositioned without losing the strength of the gum on it. Other factors that come under adhesion are is the tape can withstand different temperatures and humidity and if it has a release coating to stop the tape back from re-bonding with the tape roll.
Strength deals with the thickness of the tape. The thicker the tape the stronger the tape is and hence the heavier it can hold.
Ease of use deals with how the tape is user-friendly and how you do not have to waste time in trying to keep the tape from splitting or re-bonding with the roll.
Moving home is never a cakewalk, and packing your entire life’s belongings into various boxes can be a significantly hard task. Try not to make it any harder on yourself by packing your belongings incorrectly. Here are some tips that will guide you in packing a box in the correct way.
From guaranteeing you are utilizing the correct materials to systematically naming your cartons, here are all the best packing box tips to keep your things secured and make the moving procedure much more smoother and easier.
- Use appropriate boxes- Use the right kind of boxes for specific items to ensure their safety. Packing box does not mean to just find the closest carton and stuffing your things. You should ensure that after your packing, the materials are safe in the carton during your transit. There are a diverse range of packing boxes such as- Tea Chest cartons, Book Cartons, Archive boxes, Port-a-robes, slider cartons, linen/flat-pack cartons, picture/mirror cartons, computer monitor cartons.
- Don’t over-pack the cartons- Trying to fit as many things as you can into a carton can be a tempting offer. This may feel like it requires much less energy and reduces the number of boxes you should carry, however, when you over-pack, the carton gets really heavy and makes it tough to carry around, and due to the heavy weight the carton might break open from the bottom.
- Protect your delicate items- Do not leave breakable items on their own in a carton box as a slight nudge might break them. Use bubble wrap, flass socks, poly foam or packing paper for protection. For extra care and protection, add two or three layers of the above materials. This will ensure that you are taking your delicate items to your new home in one piece.
- Stack with caution- Be logical when you are stocking things in a cardboard box and stack them with care. Put heavier/ stronger items in the bottom of the box and the lighter or delicate items on the top to avoid any kind of damage. If the items are place in a haphazard manner, the heavier items might fall onto the lighter items and crush or break them. It is always best to keep really fragile items in a separate box with two-three layers of bubble wrap or any other protective material for maximum protection.
- Label the carton boxes- Always remember to label the carton boxes by content, importance and what room it should go into. This will make unpacking so much easier once you shift into your new house. This labeling will also ensure that you do not frantically rummage through all the boxes while looking for something.